Tuesday 23 March 2010

How to make a birthday cake

It is the same receipt for making a Swiss roll and a birthday cake.
Here is my Swiss roll receipt
The only difference is you need to prepare more fruits, cream and some creative ideas for a birthday cake. You need to think how are you going to decorate your cake, then prepare appropriate material. Personally, I like fruit cake and I think it will be the nice and easy decoration for beginner. Please look at the picture below for references. Hope it helps.

I used strawberry and peach to decorate.
You can cut strawberry into different shape
in order to have difference effect.

For those cream decoration on the side,
you need to have decorating kit
to help you squeeze the cream into different shape.


For this, I used the same fruit as the previous one.
The only different was I used nuts to decorate the sides.

I used more fruits this time, because this cake is bigger.
I used green and black grapes as the outline.
Then I put peach surrounded strawberry (canned) and kiwi.
On the sides, I used almond flake.

Final reminder: Use fresh fruit if you can, so it can keep longer. For those juicy fruit, you might need to make it dry before you put on the cream. It is to avoid watery on the cake and fruit's colour fade after overnight.

No comments: