Tuesday 9 March 2010

1st telephone interview in my life

Had a telephone interview today, 1st in my life!
I think it's ok but something can be improve.
I was very calm because I don't even know it is a telephone interview.

Interviewer: Hello, can I speak to Vicky Lai?

Me: Yes, speaking

Interviewer: I am calling from bla bla bla company. Regarding about your application for HR internship, I would like to know more about you

Me: OK

Interviewer: Are you currently studying in King's College London?
When is your course comes to the end?
When can you start working?
Do you need to give notice to your present company?
What other intern has you applied?
This job role is responsible for bla bla bla....
What do you learn about reward and pay in your uni?
What do you learn about training and development in your uni?
Our company reward and pay are bla bla bla....
Training and development are bla bla bla....
How much did you previous company pay for you?
Are you satisfy with our pay rate?
What other benefits are you looking for?


Like this, he asked me on the phone around 15 mins and it was a bit like an exam especially when he asked me what have I learned in uni. What do I know about reward and pay, training and development, etc. But luckily, it was my previous exam questions, so I still can remember what I have been taught. Due to I don't know it was an interview, so I just acted like normal chatting.

After 15 mins chatting....

Interviewer: Thank you very much. This job role has 3 selection stages which are one telephone interview and two face to face interviews. I have done the telephone interview with you just now and we will call you back if we want you to participate in our face to face interview. The decision making process should take no more than 10 days.

Then I was like: huh?! Just now was telephone interview? Oh, I think I give some silly answer or give too casual answer coz when he asked me is there any intern I have apply for, I answer no and he asked why? I firstly answer by saying their company is very good, I really hope to join this kind of company. My 2nd and 3rd points were because the intern period suits my time and the company is very close to my house. Later I realised this answer sounds childish but my friends said it's alright, nothing wrong with the answer. Anyways, it has pass. What I can do now is wait.

My dear Lord, if this is the job that you have prepared for me, please help me proceed, I really hope I can get a job soon. But if it is not the job you want to give me, I am willing to obey your will and wait for you decision.

No comments: