Saturday 20 March 2010

Before you make a decision

What am impressing story about the collapsed of Jericho City
is it because of Joshua's wisdom and leadership?
or because of Israelites great marching?
or the excellent trumpet's sound blew by the priest?
the answer is: none of the above!

The reason behind is because the Lord our God is with Israelites
it is because God wants to give them the city
the glory of the Lord was built because of His great work

But later
those men who sent to attack Ai City were fled from the men of Ai
Why? Why God has given them the city of Jericho so easily
but declined to lead them when come to the small city of Ai
because Israel has sinned
therefore, the Lord was not with them
therefore they failed

When come to Gibeonites' trick
Joshua and Israelites were being lied by them
because they did not seek for the Lord's counsel
After they realised those Gibeonites were live among them
it was too late, Israelites had established peace with them

God has tell us so clearly
when He will be with us and when it is not
it is up to us to choose
Obey God's commandment (teaching) = Full of Blessing
Disobey God's commandment (teaching) = Full of Cursing

Today's thought and contemplation:
What a perilous path we walk when we rely upon our own wisdom,
and neglect to include God in our decision (Josh 9:14-15)
Are you facing a major decision today?
Then don't make a move
until you have prayed and invited God into your decision making.

Yes, I have facing a major decision today
I don't know which path to take
but I strongly believe God is with me
and He will guides my future

"Guide me in Your truth and teach me,
for You are the God of my salvation;
I wait for You all day long.''
(Psalm 25:5)

No comments: